The Penfield Business Chamber currently belongs to two groups to better advocate for the interests of its members:
The Rochester Area Chamber Executives meetings bi-monthly to hear from non-profit groups and each other about legislative issues and how businesses are affected. Several RACE Members are expected to travel to Albany on Small Business Day in March 2020 to address issues of importance to small business owners with state legislators.
The Advocacy Coalition of Rochester Area Chambers also meets bi-monthly. Their mission statement is as follows:
The Rochester Area Chamber Advocacy Coalition is a group of chamber executives from throughout the Finger Lakes region committed to helping our collective members grow through collaborating on legislative advocacy.
The Penfield Business Chamber looks forward to working with these two groups. Stay tuned for regular updates on our advocacy efforts.
Below are recent updates from a November, 2020 meeting:
Unshackle Upstate Leadership Change
- Michael Kracker has left and UU is in the final stages of finding a new Executive Director
- Once that happens, we will have them come and speak with ACRAC
Scaffold Law Reform
- Congressman Jacobs is leading an effort in Congress
- Marc Cohen will reach out to Rep. Morelle to see about status of co-sponsorship
- ACRAC could de-politicize COVID-19 precautions
- We will work on a statement encouraging businesses and the public to be vigilant and safe
- We need additional testing - Marc Cohen will connect Kamala with St region control room
- Share information on testing locations